There are many occasions when we expect children to undertake work at home to support their learning. Information regarding the specific tasks and amounts are available from your child’s class teacher. We look to parents to encourage and support their child doing homework by taking an interest in the work they are doing. The occasions when work at home is encouraged are summarised below:
- hearing children read and sharing books together
- supporting children in their learning of basic numeracy skills and tables
- talking about what children are learning in class, and visiting relevant websites and the library etc.
- helping with longer term projects, e.g. personal challenge.
- discussing local and topical issues
Some children have Education Health Care Plans which may involve additional home learning.
Year Six children have a more formalised home-learning regime as a preparation for transfer to secondary school.