Vision: ALL pupils leaving Longwell Green Primary School will be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
We follow the advice the DfE advice in PE and Sport Premium Funding for Primary Schools.
We aim to fulfil the recommendations of the Document:
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium 2018-19 – Reviewed – Our action plan with information on funding (planned actions, impact and sustainability).
Meeting National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety – Details on how we meet the National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety.
Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE Sport Premium – reviewed 2017-18 – Sports Premium Action Plan Review